Not really. It would be challenging to finish 2 projects in the time it should take to do one. It’s better to just relax and create instead of trying to rush to get 2 things done. No supplies can be taken home.
Please call the studio if you’re running behind. Please, please, please try to come 5 minutes early. It will be really challenging to finish your projects if you’re late and you won't want to feel rushed.
This event is for adult groups. Please book a kids party.
No, the instructors will teach the group the steps for what you’ve chosen. There is always room for creativity and adding your own personality to the creations though.
There is a good chance we have another group or class coming in after you, so please follow the recommended booking time and book extra at the beginning if you think your group will work slowly.
We do not offer refunds. We can transfer your booking if it is canceled 14 days prior to the event. We cannot provide a transfer after this time. Transfer requests are valid for 15 days.
Sometimes things happen …
- Sometimes clay breaks, it just does—pieces fall off
- Sometimes things move in the kiln and there may be a mark on your piece
- Sometimes glaze doesn’t behave as expected
- Sometimes art takes more time than you may think, we time things as well as we can
- Sometimes instructors get ill, and we need to run with less staff than planned
- You will need to follow the templates and sizing, too big means more kiln or storage space, too small means likely to get lost
- If you don’t write your first and last name and the date clearly on your piece, expect for it to get lost or mistakenly picked up by another with the same name
- Adults—The workshops are for fun and social time. It is not a replacement for art school.
- Sometimes we have to throw out art if it is not picked up within 2 weeks
- Sometimes it may take a minute or two to find your art piece
- Sometimes there are mixups
- Sometimes your name may get covered in the firing process
- We will fire things in the kiln as quickly as we possibly can. We need a full load to run the kiln and sometimes things need to dry extra time before they can be placed in the kiln or they will explode
- Sometimes clay explodes
- If you miss your workshop or call with hardly any notice to cancel, the space was still set aside for you and we cannot offer a refund or credit.
- If you overwork the clay or add too much water it will cave in or crack. Follow the time guidelines and instructions as best you can.
- If you have never done art before, you will need to practice and accept it won’t be perfect on your first try. Come back many times, practice and enjoy the process.
- If you are late, yes, it will feel like there was not enough time.
- Please use the chat on our website. We check this as often as possible. Please don’t send a chat and an email. We promise we will get back to you.
Please tell your guests to dress appropriately for the event. We are an art studio and paint can be lurking around any corner and jump on you. We use professional materials and art supplies which means paint may stain clothing, shoes and jackets. Bare feet (or socks without shoes) are not permitted anywhere in the studio. 4Cats does not provide footwear or shoe covers. Please ask your guests to wear appropriate footwear. 4Cats is not responsible for damage to clothing or personal belongings. Please leave the ball gowns and tuxedos at home.
Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your scheduled party time as we have classes and/or events scheduled before and after.
Every day we aspire to make our studios welcoming, respectful and safe. Our staff work hard to ensure you, your family and friends have a respectful, positive and rewarding experience. In turn, we need to express the expectation that customers will be respectful towards our staff. Though 99.9% of the time we are surrounded by encouragement and the kindness of people, we cannot under any circumstances allow our staff to be demeaned. We first and foremost are a safe space for them. Which is why if there is a breach of that respect from someone, that person will be asked to leave.